Where did the summer go?! Please tell me it is not August! Vacations are ending and email boxes are filling up with back to school meetings! Ugh! I took some time to reflect on the things I learned this summer to help me get focused and brighten my spirits.
1. it 's all about our attitudes and the vantage point from which we look at things. I tell myself and my kids, "We can either be Bitter or Better!" It is the difference of one vowel, but it makes a huge impact in how we embrace life! We can either have a bad attitude about school starting or be excited about what the new school year will bring.
I really want to be the ladies in the front row or at least hang out with them! Skirts flying - Radiating Joy!
Looking at our calendars and schedules can make us absolutely crazy! But... what if we were to look at each day as a gift and perhaps an opportunity to brighten someone's day. Ann Voskamp said it so eloquently in the quote below - such a great approach as we look at our fall schedules.
2. "When we see calendars not so much as rows of boxes to fill up with things to do - but as boxes we get to unwrap- Each present moment becomes the gift." by Ann Voskamp
3. Walk by Faith! Truly believe & trust God's hand will guide me! When life seems like a roller coaster and you really don't know what god is doing- remembering to find stability in who he is. Beth Moore said, "The more you know about Him, the more you'll be able to hang on when life feels as if it's in the derailment mode."
Isaiah 55:9 As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways.
This summer, I had the tremendous honor of meeting amazing, passionate people that are using their gifts to help others in tremendous ways. As I met each one of them, the song "Walk by Faith" by Jeremy Camp kept playing over and over in my head. These leaders truly have walked by faith, even when they could not see what was ahead, and allowed their perseverance to lead them down the broken road of life.
Here is a video I put together highlighting the amazing people I had the privilege of meeting this summer.
Listed are the organizations/ companies and their founders in the order they appear in the video.
- ROMA BOOTS - SAMUEL BIRSTRIAN - AUGUST POST
- AKOLA - BRITTANY MERRILL UNDERWOOD - JULY 21 POST
- LEAP - DR. CRAIG HOBAR - AUGUST
- GAIA FOR WOMEN - PAULA MINNIS - JUNE 10 POST
- FEELGOODZ - KYLE BERNER - JUNE 23 POST
- SEED EFFECT - MISSY WILLIAMS - JULY 28 POST
- JUST SAY YES - DAN BAILEY - JULY 7 POST
- ATTITUDES AND ATTIRE - LYN BERMAN - JUNE 17 POST
- FOR THE NATIONS - CAMERON & KAITLYN MULLENS - AUGUST POST
- NEW FRIENDS NEW LIFE - KATIE PEDIGO DIRECTOR - SEPTEMBER POST
- SEPTEMBER IS CHILDREN'S CANCER AWARENESS MONTH FEATURING